Tuesday, October 22, 2013

VOYAGER

Previously on the last post, I ended by saying I was gonna introduce a good example of landscape photography along with great photos with the miniature effect. So for today, I'm going to share with you my experience in the journey for shots! 




So last January, I went on vacation to the St. Vincent and the Grenadines. I went there with family to stay at my grandfather's house for a couple of weeks. So while we were there My brother Chris (bottom left), and my cousin Justin (middle) make a decision with me to climb up an inactive volcano on the island called Mt. Soufriere. 



The journey itself was a BITCH. When we first started, we were basically going through a rain forest terrain combined with man-made bamboo steps both steep and slippery(the picture above is my cousin on those steps). Because earlier that year a hurricane hit the island, the path was in pretty bad shape. The mugginess was unbearable to say the least. I swear it felt like I was getting showered with my own sweat.  On top of that, it was a VERY long trail to the top. I think it took about 2 1/2 hours actually. We started out with this pretty big group, but most of them gave up 1/4 of the way there. HOWEVER, 2 1/2 hours later out of the rain forest, we were finally able to see something special....



What you see here is the inside of the inactive volcano. It was absolutely breathtaking. This and the picture below are both done in the miniature effects, and personally these are my favorite shots with this effect. Even so, these pictures don't do justice to how nice it was on being on top of the island.



Unlike the journey, the top itself was FREEZING. As you saw in the top picture, I was in a tank top this whole journey; I still remember shivering on top of that damn volcano. I wouldn't change a thing though. Being on top with my brother, and cousin with nothing but my camera and some apples was an awesome experience. Hopefully I'll get another chance to do some hiking soon, and show you guys some more examples of landscape photography. Godspeed.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment