Friday, October 18, 2013

ITS A SMALL WORLD AFTERALL


So this year, I've been messing around with adding miniature effects to particular shots. For those who don't know, this is an effect that makes things seem smaller than what it might/might not be. Its a useful effect on pictures involving landscape or just on top of buildings.  The picture above is an example I taken during a vacation out to California. This is a hiking trail  that goes right below the Hollywood sign. Although it might not look it I'm actually a lot higher up than these people on a different trail.


This picture was taken at the observatory not too far of from the Hollywood sign. Its a full view of the city; I decided to give the picture an older look because it seemed to go along with the theme I wanted at the time.


This shot I got when I went on a hiking trip upstate with my cousin, uncle, and a couple of their hiking buddies. This one was well earned considering how steep these cliffs were. To think that since I did so much Long-boarding, I thought I wouldn't have that much trouble keeping up. DEAD WRONG! It also didn't help that the rocks were especially slippery. However, when we finally made it, the feeling of standing out on this huge cliff with a beautiful view of their valley just made up for all that trouble. I actually have another great example of great miniature hots, but the theme behind that was so good, that it deserves its own post. So next post, I'll show you guys a great example of not only miniature effects, but a great look into landscape photography. Godspeed. 













No comments:

Post a Comment