Tuesday, November 12, 2013

CAREFUL CLICK CLICK



I was cleaning out my draw and I ran into something very interesting. I found this camera I got as a christmas gift a couple of years back and never really got around to using it. I mean, if you had an SLR camera you'd probably do the same thing. So I did a couple of shots with it recently and found out its actually a pretty decent camera. So today, I'm doing a sort of review on the Polaroid Z340 Instant Camera. This camera is the "new school" version of what the past original Polaroid cameras used to look like. Unlike the older one, this model comes with a build in screen and a few more buttons built on top. The photo paper used to print the pictures is located in the back of the camera; Its a hidden slot where it is ready at anytime to print the pictures. The design is pretty nice, definitely not similar to an ordinary digital camera. Now without further ado, I'll talk about how it works. 


PROS:
 The cool thing about this camera is it gives you an option of which pictures you want to print. The original Polaroid models is only able to print the picture as you take it. It's also interesting that this camera does NOT require any ink to print those said pictures. The paper used is also better quality than the paper used in the older models. instead of putting the picture upside down to develop, it automatically comes out the camera complete. I must say, it is amazing what technology is capable of these days.



CONS:
although this camera has abilities much more convenient than the older polaroid models, one thing it lacks is, to me, the most important thing: The quality of the picture. when the pictures are printed out it doesn't have that same "vintage" feeling to that of the antique models. the quality on the new model is equivalent to a regular cheap digital camera. If I still had my previous polaroid, I would do a comparison shot between the two, but sadly its no longer in my possession. OVERALL, it was a very nice present and I'm glad I found it. I actually started using it more since I found it. Never again will it leave my side. Godspeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment